DIY PAINTED PILLOW
- Linen Pillow Cover
- Amy Howard at Home ® Adhesive Stencil – Ikat
- Amy Howard at Home ® One Step™ – Ballet White
- Amy Howard at Home ® Clear Wax
- 400 Grit Sandpaper
- (2) Round Hog’s Hair Brushes
- Plastic Putty Knife
- Lint-free T-Shirt Rag
- (2) Cardboard Pallets
- Water for diluting
1. Burnish the Amy Howard at Home ® Adhesive Stencil with a plastic putty knife to ensure adhesion.
2. Remove the backing of the Amy Howard at Home ® Adhesive Stencil and adhere to pillow cover.
3. Dilute the Amy Howard at Home ® One Step™ in Ballet White with 20% water.
4. Use a Round Hog’s Hair Brush to stipple the diluted One Step™ paint over the stencil, being sure to offload onto the cardboard pallet prior to applying to the pillow to avoid excess paint bleeding under stencil. Allow 20-30 minutes to dry.
5. Carefully remove your stencil.
6. Lightly sand your painted pillow with 400 Grit Sandpaper.
7. Apply Amy Howard at Home ® Clear wax to the entire surface of your painted pillow, being sure to offload to a cardboard pallet prior to applying to pillow. Allow 15-20 minutes to come to tack.
8. Buff your painted pillow using Lint-free T-Shirt Rag.
9. Enjoy the bragging rights for your DIY Painted Pillow! Don’t forget you can also use these painted pillows outdoors!