Bronze Gilded Champagne Glasses
Looking for a unique, handmade gift for that special someone in your life? These gilded champagne glasses make a great Valentines Day or anniversary gift! Get creative with it, make your own pattern and really personalize this glass.
For this project you will need:
1. Thoroughly clean glass with Amy Howard at Home Clean Slate. Let dry.
2. Dry vase with your lint free rag–inside and out.
3. Using the eraser apply gilding size dots around the glass. Now line the top and bottom edges of the glass with the size. Wait 20-30 min for Gilding Size to come to tack.
4. When gilding size has come to tack, apply copper leaf sheets to cover any surface of the glass that you applied the gilding size to.
5. Once laid, put orange tissue paper sheet in-between hand and copper leaf to burnish well. Take clean, dry china bristle brush and wipe off any extra copper leaf.
6. Now you get to Enjoy the Bragging Rights™!